Houston Independent School District’s implementation of itslearning, known as the HUB, will be transitioning from its pilot phase to full districtwide implementation during the 2015–2016 school year. The implementation is part of the district’s larger efforts to digitally transform instruction and integrate technology into content development and classroom instructional practices.
At the start of the 2015–2016 school year, all K–12 teachers will have access to various other itslearning features including the ability to:
- Access district curriculum matched to relevant content area and grade level
- Access and contribute to the itslearning library
- Design standards-based lessons using a customizable planner interface
- Create and deliver assignments, quizzes, and surveys
- Access digital resources such as district-approved textbooks, Khan Academy, etc.
- Collaborate with peers to plan lessons or share ideas and education resources
The HUB "Summer Camp" will be taking place during the month of June with attendees training on itslearning and getting information on how to collaborate, communicate, and access resources. To hear some direct feedback from teachers and staff members, check out these videos to get insights into how Houston is steadily progressing. For more information, read the full blog post at HISD eNews.
HUB (itslearning) Training Summer Camp 2015.
The HUB (itslearning): Teacher Comments from the 2015 Summer Training Camp.
Posted on May 21, 2015
by David Hyde