As a mobile application developer at itslearning, your main mission is to create a world class user experience for the users of our portfolio of apps. You will work in a small scrum team, consisting of 5-7 team members. As an organization we will make sure the scrum team consists of all appropriate skills to manage a feature backlog, including testing and designer resources in the team.
The team is considered self-organized and is 100% dedicated to sprint work. Your scrum team works on features from idea to release, monitors their impact on our users and tweaks them when the result is not satisfactory. So in short, you will be taking decisions and implementing changes seen and used by over 7,000,000 users worldwide! Also – you will be joining a bigger team of highly qualified Software engineers across multiple teams and sites – that has the common goal that our product should be the heart of education.
One of the company’s main goal for the last 2 years is delivering a world class UX, this means we are dedicated to delivering great performance, high availability and great usability. Our users are mainly school teachers, students, parents or administrators among others – the mission is to make our educational system as efficient as possible so that school work is based on learning and teaching – not admin and reporting work.
We develop our mobile applications using the platforms' native languages: Java on Android, Swift and Objective-C on iOS (moving forward only Swift). The mobile applications communicate with the backend using RESTful APIs and/or sockets (e.g. in communication apps).
Desired Skills and Experience:
itslearning is looking for native mobile apps developers that have mastered either iOS or Android. Having experience with the other platform is considered a plus.
Desired personality profile:
- You are an exceptional software developer who wants to make a difference in online education.
- You are a developer who focuses on well written, maintainable and performant code.
- You hate bad user experience, and want to show the world how it should be done.
- You are communicative, like to discuss solutions and will greet code reviews as a way to both learn and to teach.
- You would love to join a team consisting of exceptional team members
- You like a challenge, and strive for innovative solutions
Required skills and experiences:
- Fluent in English
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience developing native apps for Android (Java) or iOS (Swift, Objective-C)
- Experience consuming RESTful web services using JSON and XML
- Experience working with Git
- Experience with agile development processes
- Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate orally and in writing
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Structured, detail oriented and highly organized
- A positive and responsible attitude
A chance to join our international highly talented development team and invite you to contribute to a product used by millions of users around the world. You will have the opportunity to specialize in an area of expertise and work alongside stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary agile team.
In addition to a challenging and exciting job we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Personal competence plan
- Insurance package
- A social and fun work environment
Posted on April 21, 2016
by itslearning HR